As one of Canada’s leading professional youth ballet organizations, the Goh Ballet Youth Company Canada (GBYC) was formed as a bridge for students who desire continued intensive training and professional performance opportunities. For those 16 years old and above, GBYC offers the opportunity to refine technical and artistic skills while providing the support and guidance needed to pursue a rewarding dance career. The schedule is intensive, with 40 hours a week of classes and rehearsals consisting of advanced classical ballet technique, pointe work/male technical coaching, variations, pas de deux, and contemporary dance. The program focuses on building technical and artistic excellence showcased through a wide-ranging and ever expanding repertoire of classical and contemporary ballet, jazz, character and Chinese dance. With many performance opportunities and tours as well as educational outreach, the program is further enhanced through the influence of internationally renowned guest teachers and choreographers who create original repertoire and instruct master classes.
Goh Ballet Youth Company Canada aims to:
- Give dancers the opportunity to perform locally and internationally in professional settings
- Provide dancers with a broad knowledge of the dance world
- Provide guidance as to appropriate rehearsal etiquette, coping strategies, work ethic and the responsibilities expected of professional dancers
- Assist dancers in transitioning from students to professionals
- Provide support and references for auditions and interviews
Goh Ballet’s GBYC program is a fully accredited program approved by the Private Training Institution Branch of British Columbia (PTIB). The GBYC program is also approved for British Columbia Quality Assurance (EQA) designation.